Please note that this page tend to be slightly behind. For the most recent information and releasenotes, refer to #news on our Discord server.
- Custom NPC: Servants, which can perform various tasks.
- Custom creatures.
- Custom deities, holy items and spells.
- Adepts instead of priests, with a complete rework of the priest model.
- Custom items.
- Custom recipes and ingredients.
- Custom starter gear for each kingdom.
- Custom titles: Nobility titles are automatically bestowed upon the major when a deed reaches a certain size, starting with Lord at 961 tiles (31x31).
- [PvP] Custom titles: Military ranks are bestowed upon reaching certain levels of war points in PvP combat, by conquering war deeds and killing enemies.
- Scheduled spawning of creatures in certain areas, such as undead and rats spawning in the cemeteries.
- Farm ticks at fixed time (00:00 GMT), and no growth for untended fields on deed (Note that tended ripe field tiles will rot unless harvested, after second ripe stage).
- All bred creatures have individual offspring names, just like horses.
- Tamed animals now only attacks when given the command. They then go into "attack mode", and attacks all enemies until given command to clear orders. This is considered a bugfix.
- Animal traits have new meanings, such as more milk etc.
- Kingdom alliances are turned on.
- [PvP] PvPvE adjustments, which permits some PvE behaviour on a PvP server.
- Re-supplying of traders every wurm day at 6:00.
- Chat Channels: World, Trade, Roleplay. Relay to Discord for kingdom channels, World and Trade. A News channel on Discord publish events on the server.
- Oak and willow trees are blocked from spreading, because they kill off surrounding trees, they otherwise take over large areas.
- Alt-characters block. Players can have many characters, but only login with one at the same time, per Steam ID.
- Anti-cheat-mod block: Detects if a client has installed mods that are considered cheat-mods, i.e. ESP etc., and blocks such characters from moving.
- Bank Account: Select the action on the body to open a popup with bank account info, transactions statistics etc.
- Combat: Select the action on the body to open a popup with combat statistics. Also shows war points.
- Character: Select the action on the body to open a popup for entering character information, or reading character information of other players.
- Leaderboard: Select the action on the body or the skills list, to open a popup with server wide top ten leaderboards. Players may opt-out of any leaderboard list, which will hide their name.
- Settings: Select the action on the body to open a popup for additional settings. Mayors can here select the visibility of their deed on the map viewer, amongst other things.
- [PvP] Dirt dropping on enemy deed tiles has been blocked. Dropping vast amounts of dirt to break through defences is a silly unrealistic game mechanic. This is considered a bug fix. Use war machines instead, it's what they're for.
- [PvP] Anyone from any kingdom may turn unlawful, this also includes mayors.
- Permissions can be set for "Everyone", this includes buildings, doors and gates - it means that permissions can be set for players of other kingdoms, but also any creature.
- Extended creature AI, making for example dragons talk etc.
- Spirit templars are replaced by Village guards, which have the same characteristics and skills, but are hired mercenaries and not ghosts.
- Minimum distance between perimiters when deeding has been lowered from 100 tiles to 50 tiles. When distance is lower than 50 tiles, players are required to be citizens of a neighbouring deed. This is standard for PvP servers, but the distance has been lowered to 50 tiles.
- Command: /combat - To see stats for killed creatures, gained skill and karma etc.
- Meditation skill is using the Wurm Online model. Given that the meditation skill is considered broken in Wurm Unlimited (for 1x1x servers), in that gains more or less stops after skill 30; using the old skill model (WO), will permit the same skill gains as on Wurm Online. This is the only skill so far that has been changed. All other skills are using the vanilla WU 1x1x model.
- Command: /bank - To see bank balance.
- Command: /who - Lists which players of the same kingdom are online, and GMs and CMs.
- Command: /pvp - Lists players with the PvP setting checked.
- Command: /time - Updated to show additional time information.
- Command: /lag - Tells the lag in seconds since server start.
- Command: /vinvite <player> [minutes] - An expansion of the command, makes it possible to invite players from other kingdoms as friends of your deed. Minutes is optional, and defaults to an hour.
- Command: /bug <message> - Send a bug report to #bugs channel in Discord.
- Command: /suggestion <message> - Send a suggestion to #suggestions channel in Discord.
Servants are modded NPCs who can perform a number of tasks. There are tasks which only can be given by a GM, but players may buy a servant contract and summon the servant, working the same way as with common Wurm merchants, and give some items such as clothes and even a lantern, and a number of tasks to perform.
The most important stasks performed by the public servants is that of merchants, trading in bulk wares and buying crafted items, and also of acting as initiating adepts of the various deities on the server. There are two types of merchants, one is simply called "merchant" and trades in bulk wares, the other is called "vendor" and buys crafted items. Anything you can place in a crate can be sold to a merchant, and everything sold is stored in a market database, which is accessible for all kingdoms. After a Wurm month (3½ real days), the sold wares can be bought back at a slightly higher price from the merchants. Merchant prices are based on a complex calculation of many factors, including how much of the ware is already in the market database, and when the market is filled with a type of item they won't buy it anymore. After some time, the wares will decay from the market and vanish.
The vendors on the other hand buy items that cannot be bought back, the items are removed from the game the moment they are sold. Prices are based on QL, weight, material and many other factors. Each kingdom give each vendor a fixed budget, each Wurm year, first day of the second Starfall. When the budget has been spent, the vendors won't buy any more until the next yearly budget comes. While player owning servant contracts can give the merchant task, the vendor task is currently reserved for only GMs.
For more details about merchants and vendors, please refer to the Awakening Merchants document.
For more details about servants, please talk to any servant and press the "About servants" button.
- Bulk chest
- Various recipe ingredients
- Adept holy items (9 items)
- Servant contract
- Servant task
Not all are listed, some are secret.
- Full house pizza - Bugfix (original version is too easy making super pizzas)
- Bloody mary
- Caffe americano
- Fika (anyone Swedish will know)
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Peanut butter sandwich
- Peanut butter
- Red wine hot chocolate
- Toffee apple
- Consecrate - Makes the holy item's QL the same as the faith of the caster. Can also be used to change the colours of flags, banners and wagons, to the colours of the deity.
- Invisibility - Makes the caster invisible for a short time.
- Minor Illusion - Create small animated illusions by casting on corpses. Can also be used to create silver and gold mirrors, and yellow potions.
- Ritual of the Moons - A new ritual.
Client mods are not required to play on Awakening, but if you choose to use client mods, you should also install the Awakening client mod, which will inform the server about what mods you have installed on your computer, and it will over time also add extra features. The custom client mod automatically updates itself with new versions after the first installation, and it also updates other installed client mods to the latest version.
To install Ago's client mod launcher, follow these instructions (for Windows users):
- Open your file browser and locate the directory where Wurm Unlimited is installed. On Windows it may be found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited. Keep the file browser open at this directory.
- Download the latest version of Ago's client mod launcher from here.
- Open another file browser and locate the directory where you downloaded the file. The web browser, e.g. Chrome, usually has some way to open the download directory.
- Unzip the downloaded file, it should be named something like
client-modlauncher-0.10.1.zipand enter the unzipped directory, you'll find these files and folders there:
- With your mouse, select all of these files and folders and press Ctrl-C. Now go back to the Wurm directory that you located in step one, and press Ctrl-V. This will copy the selected files into the Wurm directory. Do not create any folders or move any files, keep all files in the exact order they were unzipped, just copy them into the Wurm directory.
- Right click the file
patcher.batand select "Run". A black window will open and list a few lines of text, and say that the client has been patched. Run the patcher script only once, you should only run the patcher after you have installed a fresh Wurm Unlimited and after that installed Ago's client mod launcher.
- Now your installation of Wurm Unlimited has been patched and is ready to load client mods. Any client mods you'd like to install should be placed in the
mods-folder in the Wurm-directory, and should have a
[mod-name].propertiesfile, and a
[mod-name]folder. Just copy the properties-file and the folder with all files inside it, into the
mods-folder. That's all you have to do, now Wurm will load the installed mods.
- To install the Awakening client mod, download it from here, and install as instructed in the previous step. Your
Wurm-folder should now contain
Here is a list of the client mods that are currently accepted:
- connectionfix (installed by default with Ago's client mods)
- custommap (installed by default with Ago's client mods)
- serverpacks (installed by default with Ago's client mods)
- wurm-thirdperson (testing for now, will be removed if exploited in PvP)
Awakening client Mod
The Awakening client mod informs the server which client mods are installed, but also has a number of extra features.
- Inform server about installed client mods.
- If you have more than one display (monitor), the Wurm client window will then stretch to fill all displays with "Windowed Fullscreen".
By setting the property
useWindowedFullscreenSizeAndPosition=true, the window will get a fixed size instead of stretching to fill all displays. You need to set the window size in the client settings. If the display size isn't in the list, open gamesettings.txt and change the display_settings parameter.
- Show extra tooltip info. To use this feature, set the property
showExtraTooltips=true. When hovering the mouse over cave tile borders, the slope of the ceiling is shown next to the slope of the floor, if it differs. Cave tile corners shows the height to the ceiling. Shows creature gender, and colour for creatures with colour traits. Takes skill into account, like vanilla.
- Automatically save changes to the toolbelt. To activate this feature, set the property
Management of development is done on our Trello board where all players are welcome to contribute with ideas and suggestions, as well as commenting on others' posts. You'll find an invitation to the board here.